In this guide we will demonstrate how to create a new Opportunity record that is linked to a new Account record in Salesforce with a Formyoula mobile form. This mobile form can be completed while the mobile device is offline and the new record will be created on Salesforce once the device regains internet connection. Both Salesforce and non-Salesforce users can complete Formyoula mobile forms and the new records will be created on Salesforce. You can create any number of records on standard or custom object with a single Formyoula mobile form. Child record creation is supported using repeat group elements.
1. Go to Formyoula.com and click “Sign In”.
2. Click “New Form”.
3. Click “Rename” to give your new form a name.
4. Forms can have multiple pages. In this case we will use two pages, one for the new Account details and the second one for the new Opportunity details.
5. Drag and drop fields for the Account record on the first page of your form. Add as many fields as you need.
6. Click on the “pencil” icon to edit the fields.
7. Drag and drop fields for the Opportunity record on the second page of your form. Add as many fields as you need.
8. Drag and drop a “Select” field on your form to capture information and match it to Salesforce picklist fields on Opportunity record.
9. Edit the field and add matching values as on Salesforce field.
10. Click “Save & Close” to save your form.
11. Click on “(Add)” under the “Connections” column or click on the “Create a Connection” button or select “Add/Edit Connections” from the “Actions” available list.
12. Select “Salesforce” from the available connections list and click “Create Connection >>”.
13. First create the “Account” connection. Select “Account” from the available Salesforce Object list and click “Save”.
14. Set the “Insert Sequence” as “1”. This will ensure to create the new Account record prior to the Opportunity record.
15. Click “Save Record Settings” when done.
14. Select the matching fields in both mapping sections and click “Create Map”.
15. Map all other necessary fields from your Formyoula form to the Salesforce fields.
16. When done, click on the “<< Back to Connections” button.
17. Select “Salesforce” from the available connections list and click “Create Connection >>”.
18. Select “Opportunity” from the available Salesforce Object list and click “Save”.
19. Set the “Insert Sequence” as “2”. This will ensure to create the Opportunity record after the Account record is created.
20. Click “Save Record Settings” when done.
21. Map the Formyoula “[New Account] (Seq 1)]” field to the Salesforce “Account ID” field. This will ensure to link the new Opportunity to the new Account.
22. Map all other necessary fields from your Formyoula form to the Salesforce fields.
23. When done, go to your Formyoula dashboard.
24. Click on the “Try” button next to the form. This will open the mobile web app.
25. Select the newly created form.
26. Fill in both pages and submit the form.
27. Now, when you open Salesforce you will be able to see the newly created Opportunity record that is linked to the newly created Account record.
For any questions please contact us - firstname.lastname@example.org.