In this guide, we will explain how to create new Opportunity records with Opportunity Line Items on Salesforce using Formyoula. We will use the Salesforce lookup field to search for existing Price Book Entries and create new Opportunity Line Items that will be linked to the Opportunity record.
We will be able to use this form while our mobile device is offline. All records will be created on Salesforce once the device has regained internet connection.
Please start by following the steps below:
1. Go to Formyoula.com and click “Sign In”.
2. Please click on the “New Form” button to create a new form.
3. Please click “Rename” to give your new form a name.
4. We will drag and drop all required Opportunity object fields on our form. A Salesforce lookup field to search for existing Account records that the Opportunity record will be linked to, a Text field for the Opportunity Name, a Date field for the Close Date and a Select field for the Stage.
5. Next, please drag and drop a Hidden field on to your form that will hold the Price Book ID. Please copy the Price Book ID from your Salesforce Price Book record detail page URL. This will link the new Opportunity record to an existing Price Book so that we can create Opportunity Line Items from the Price Book Product list.
6. Next, please drag and drop a Repeat Group field on your form. This will be used to create any number of new Opportunity Line Items that will be linked to the new Opportunity record.
7. Please drag and drop all required fields inside the Repeat Group for the Opportunity Product record creation. First, drag and drop a Salesforce Lookup and edit the field.
Please add a record filter option to search for Price Book Entry records linked to a particular Price Book in Salesforce. For example:
Pricebook2Id = ‘01s58000000Hezx’
8. Please drag and drop all the other necessary fields for the new Opportunity Line Item record creation.
9. Once done, please click “Save & Close” to save your form.
10. Next, please click on “(Add)” under the “Connections” column or click on the “Create a Connection” button, or select “Add/Edit Connections” from the “Actions” available list.
11. Select “Salesforce” from the available connections list and click “Create Connection >>”.
12. Please select “Opportunity” from the available Salesforce Object list and click “Save”.
13. Select the matching fields from both mapping select lists and click “Create Map”.
14. Once done, please click on the “<< Back to Connections” button.
15. Select “Salesforce” from the available connections list and click “Create Connection >>”.
16. Select “Opportunity Product” from the available Salesforce Object list and click “Save”.
17. First, we will enable the Repeat Group function that will make sure that each Formyoula Repeat Group entry is created as a new record on Salesforce.
18. Please save the record settings once done.
19. First, please map the [New Opportunity Record ID (Seq 1)] field to the Opportunity ID field in Salesforce. This will make sure to link the New Opportunity Line Item records to the new Opportunity record.
20. Next, please select all the other matching fields from both mapping select lists and click “Create Map”.
21. Once done, please click on the “<< Back to Connections” button.
22. Select “Salesforce” from the available connections list and click “Create Connection >>”.
23. Select “Price Book Entry” from the available Salesforce Object list and click “Save”. This connection will be skipped and used only for Product record Price field pre-fill.
24. First, we skip the connection based on the Price Book Entry Salesforce Lookup field.
25. Next, we will use the “Use Repeat Group” function for this connection as well. This is required if we will be pre-filling multiple repeat group line items.
26. Please save the record settings once done.
27. Next please map the Price Book ID and Price fields to the matching Salesforce fields.
28. Once done, please click on the blue form name link to go back to the form builder.
29. Please click on the “pencil” icon on the Salesforce Lookup for the Price Book Entry records. Scroll to the bottom and please select the “Create Price Book Entry Record” connection ID. This will be used for the Price field pre-fill.
30. Please apply the changes and save the form.
31. Please click on the “Try” button next to the form, this will open the mobile web app.
32. Please select your newly created form.
33. Please capture all the necessary fields for the new Opportunity record creation.
34. Please click on the “Add Opportunity Line Items” button to create as many Opportunity Line Item records as necessary. By searching for the Price Book Entry record, it will automatically pre-fill the Price field. Once done, please submit the form entry.
35. When you open your Salesforce, you will be able to see the newly created Opportunity record with multiple Opportunity Line Items that are linked to your selected Account record.
For any questions, please contact us - firstname.lastname@example.org