Forms that are captured with Formyoula have GEO location data recorded on each entry. This information can be pushed to Salesforce GEO fields. In this guide, we will record the captured GEO data in Salesforce and display the location on a map.
Please make sure that you have enabled the location permission for the Formyoula app!
1) First, you need to create a "Geolocation" field in Salesforce on your object. In this case, we will create one on the Account object.
2) Name the field label. In this case, we will name it as "Location".
3) After creating a form on Formyoula.com, click on the "Cloud" icon under the connections column on your dashboard.
4) Click on the object connection where you would like to record the GEO data.
5) In the field mapping section, you can select "Longitude" and "Latitude" options that can be mapped to your chosen Salesforce Geo field.
6) When mappings have been created, capture a new form entry. GEO location data will be recorded in Salesforce.
7) To display a map field in Salesforce, please create a formula field on the same object.
8) Name the field label and select "Text" from the "Formula Return Type" section.
9) Insert the formula as shown below. Please make sure to change the "Geolocations" field names in the formula as you have named them.
Please use this example formula:
IMAGE('http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap?center='+TEXT(Location__Latitude__s)+' , '+TEXT(Location__Longitude__s)+'&zoom=16&size=400x400&markers=color:red%7Clabel:A%7C'+TEXT(Location__Latitude__s)+','+TEXT(Location__Longitude__s), 'Example Title', 400, 400 )
For any questions, please email Support@Formyoula.com